Accept DtTm field
|Data Element (edit)|
|Field Name:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB Label:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB tab:||not stated|
|Program:||Med and CC|
First Service tmp entry DtTm for pts from the ER department only
Use the instructions for the time in the first Service tmp entry profile, but Accept DtTm field is entered only for profiles originating in the ER.
This means the Accept DtTm field should be equal to Service tmp entry if it is entered at all.
Elimination of this field
The data in this field is now a duplication of the data in Service tmp entry. We plan to retire this field eventually, but it is relevant to many things so we need to be deliberate about it.
Is there a target date for eliminating this field? Ttenbergen 15:10, 2021 April 15 (CDT)
- medicine program: to monitor delays to move patient from ER to Med ward bed
- as of July 2016 onward - ICU same purpose
Accept DtTm is used as part of the formula to calculate delay in the transfer of patient from ER bed to Med ward or ICU bed - see ER Delay. This measures the amount of time for the patient already accepted in Medicine or Critical Care service but still using the ER bed and resources.
Data Integrity Checks
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Query check ICD10 date||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check AcceptDtTm entered or missing checked||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Function Dispo Chronological()||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check CCI Date||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check ER Delay not too big||CCMDB.accdb||needs review|
- related info: Change to start collection at accept rather than arrive time
- 2017_January: also enter lines in TMP for all AcceptDateSources.
- The source for gathering the accept date/time may vary from site to site see #Possible documentation locations
- This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
- For medicine this concept is related to admit date and time (when pt is from ER). It does not simply replace the field, so this value still needs to be entered for patients not from ER. Resp. field L_Log.R_AdmDate and L_Log.R_AdmTime
- For critical care this concept is related to Service Sending to ICU. (There is no comparable field in ICU for this in the old system).