Anti-arrhythmic, adverse effect
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Anti-arrhythmic, adverse effect|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
Adverse effect codes
- This information pertains to the following codes:
- It refers to pharmaceuticals and other biological substances
- Do not confuse this group of codes with Template:ICD10 Guideline overdose or Template:ICD10 Guideline poisoning by non-pharmaceuticals
- The definition of this category requires that both of the following be true: (1) something bad happened as a direct result of the agent AND (2) the agent was used with an appropriate dosing regimen.
- The “something bad” can be a threat to life/limb/organ function -- but what distinguishes this category from Category:Overdose is whether the dose/dosing regimen was appropriate or not.
- These adverse effects are almost all immune-mediated and include: allergic reactions, hypersensitivity reactions, more vaguely defined “adverse drug reactions”
- examples: drug rash; anaphylactic reaction; drug fever
- exception: bleeding on coumadin at an appropriate dose is NOT coded here, but as Hemorrhage, due to anticoagulant or thrombolytic drug
- In addition to a number of codes for specific agents (e.g. insulin), or classes of agents (e.g. beta-blockers) there are several levels of “wastebasket” codes -- the final, all-encompassing wastebasket here is Drug or biological substance/agent NOS, adverse effect
- For bad outcomes caused by overdoses, in most cases a counterpart dx will exits in:
See ICD10 Guideline for drugs and substances for more info on coding substance related ICD10 diagnoses.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Anti-arrhythmic, overdose/toxicity
- Calcium channel blocker drug, adverse effect
- Calcium channel blocker, overdose/toxicity
- Beta-blocker, adverse effect
- Beta-blocker, overdose/toxicity
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)