From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Unwitnessed Cardiac Arrest, Witnessed Cardiac Arrest|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||Cardiac Arrest|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
Como Admit Acquired Primary Limits 1/ Dx grouping - this is part of both of those discussion
- Code when
- a non-perfusing rhythm occurs and
- the patient is given BCLS or ACLS (i.e. receives CPR of some sort) or receives defibrillation or cardioversion
- Thus do not code this if no treatment is given for the arrest -- this is different than our usual rule to code diagnoses even if no treatment is given, and the reason is that EVERY death at some point includes the heart stopping (cardiac arrest) and we would therefore be using this code for every death, which we do not want to do.
- Combine this code with the INITIAL rhythm observed during the code, which may include:
- Also code Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) if applicable.
- Do NOT code this as a comorbid condition.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks