CAM positive (TISS Item)
see TISS Items SMW for other TISS items
|TISS Item||CAM positive (TISS Item)|
|TISS28 Category:||Neurological Support|
|TISS28 Row Number||9|
|TISS28 Description||CAM "+" any time today|
|TISS28 Item Number||0|
|TISS28 Comment:||added for Dr. Arora & Critical Care QI Team|
The Confusion Assessment Method is "an instrument for use in the intensive care unit to accurately diagnose delirium in critically ill patients who are often nonverbal because of mechanical ventilation."
We are collecting CAM as CAM positive (TISS Item).
Problems were flagged in:
- Hard to tell in the numbers (whether marking is legit or not). Maybe another round of survey will help - are the data collectors marking or crossing out the entry if they find inconsistencies from various sources?--JMojica 14:02, 2017 May 11 (CDT)
- If I find inconsistencies I will correct and/or clarify with the bedside nurse Lisa Kaita 14:21, 2017 May 11 (CDT)
- I will do the same as Lisa, but it isn't always easy to clarify the CAM status of a patient if I am checking TISS sheets from previous days. Sometimes the systems review notes don't seem to correlate with the CAM score on the flow sheet. I have to use my judgement in these cases, so the CAM positive days are not always accurate.Mlagadi 14:57, 2017 May 18 (CDT)
- The information was requested by Dr Arora - Quarterly report showing the monthly statistics regarding the Delirium/Confusion cases in complication Diagnosis, counts of patients with at least one day marked with CAM+ and total CAM+ days and their associated rates for STB ICMS, ICCS and ACCU.
- Report included in the Critical Care Regional OpPlan as requested by the QI Officer - Quarterly report of Delirium cases, Delirium Rates, Delirium Days and Delirium Rate Days for all ICUs in the region
- New - WRHA Critical Care Quality Indicator Chart Report for Directors and Managers - Quarterly report of Delirium cases, Delirium Rates, Delirium Days and Delirium Rate Days for all ICUs in the region