Conversion from our old diagnosis schema to ICD10/CCI
As of 18:59, 2017 September 16 (CDT), some of the discussion about this continues in Task Team Meeting - Rolling Agenda and Minutes.
Current Timeline is this:
- in progress now:
- groupings for reports
- Groupings for Charlson, Apache Dxs, Alert score, Overstay
- 2018-08-01 implementation of CCMDB.mdb cross-checks starts
- 2018-10-01 all initial cross-checks implemented
- 2018-12-01 implementation of CFE/TISS cross checks complete
- no FULL double-coding for all patients is expected
- 2019-01-01 start date: move to only code using ICD10/CCI
Phase-in of collection requirements
We are now requiring:
- 2018-earlier: request to collect ICD10 and CCI data for at least two patients per week
- 2010-10-18: Primary Admit Diagnosis needs to be entered for all patients, old style DX continues as before. i.e. This does not replace entering a primary DX in old schema.
Allan confirmed with Bojan that this will work for him.
This question is still in flux, the current proposal is:
- Patient events (dx or procedure) on or after the changeover date will be coded as ICD10, every one before as old code. (i.e. this changeover will be event date based, not admit or dispo date based.)
- I.e. a patient who straddles both periods will have some old and some new dx codes.
- Only the primary diagnosis would also be translated from old to new for all still there after changeover date.
- Depending on how we resolve Converting Lab Counts to CCI, we will also need to make a plan for that.
- Admit Type for APACHE II#Conversion from our old diagnosis schema to ICD10/CCI
- also see Previous_Location_field#Heart_Cath_Lab_vs_OR_as_previous_location in this regard
Diagnoses / ICD10
Special consideration will need to be given to:
Dx Code mapping:
Procedures / CCI
See CCI Data Structure.
Completion of new items for CCI/ICD10 in CCMDB.mdb Data Integrity Checks.
Documentation / wiki
Articles for each new DX are available on the wiki. Where possible the new article will contain a link to the related old article(s). See ICD10 Diagnosis List.
Decisions made but not yet documented elsewhere
ICD10 / CCI Groupings for Reports
We will use ICD10 chapters and blocks to group ICD10 codes for reports.
Tina has set up structure so that any dx can be part of any number of groupings (like wiki categories):