Decubitus (pressure) ulcer, Stage II (to fascia, just under skin)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Decubitus (pressure) ulcer, Stage II (to fascia, just under skin)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Ulcers - Decubitus only|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Stage 2 - Partial thickness loss of dermis presenting as a shallow open ulcer with a red pink wound bed, without slough.
Coding multiple ulcers
- If there are pressure ulcers on DIFFERENT body parts (e.g. left heel, right heel, coccyx) then code them separately -- even though they will not be readily distinguishable as the code doesn't include body location.
- If there are multiple pressure ulcers close to each other on the same body part (e.g. coccyx area) then only code the one of the highest/worst stage.
Coding Progression of Ulcers
- Progression of Ulcers should be coded following our guidelines for Acquired Diagnosis combine each stage progression with the date and time it was noted in the chart.
If there are multiple pressure ulcers follow the above guidelines -- even though they will not be readily distinguishable as the code doesn't include body location.
- Julie will report on the worst stage from Acquired Diagnosis
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
|Decubitus ulcer codes:|
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
- code Debridement if applicable
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)