Direct admissions are patients who are accepted from another site (within region or from out-of-town) and come directly to the next site.
These patients can go straight to the accepting ward at the second site, or they can be admitted via the ER.
- There are two types of Direct admits:
- already an Inpatient
- not an Inpatient
- The Visit Admit DtTm field and the Accept DtTm field will be the same
- in Tmp Boarding Loc enter <site>_ER, the date and time will be the same as the Visit Admit DtTm field and the Accept DtTm field
|The rest is the same as for any other patient, expand to see details.|
Data use / Reporting
What reports use this?
inter facility transfers report (semi annual and Fiscal year) given to Critical Care Admin Director and Quality Officer.
- Patient Flow - where patient were have been admitted FROM
How is it used?
- To distinguish the reason of transfer due to bed management reason
- To distinguish the reason of transfer due Medical Necessity reason
- To determine the flow of patients from teaching hospital to teaching hospital, teaching to community, community to teaching, community to community, from outside city/province facility to regional hospital.
Data to be Reported
- for Inpatient direct admit
- Site Ward via ED
- Site ICU via ED
- For Non Inpatient direct Admit (e.g. Emergency, Ambulatory Clinic, PCH, Home, Nursing Station)
- Site Emergency via ED
- Site Ambulatory via ED
- PCH via ED
- Home via ED
- Nursing Station via ED
Collection for this was changed as part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
Content of the article was deleted 2016-06-30 so it doesn't inadvertently show up in searches. See article history if needed.