Jump to navigation Jump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|CCI 2 code:||87|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection. This is one of the CCI component 2 codes - what was done.
- This code is "sort of" made up by us --- in CCI itself there are separate codes for Excision/resection by whether it was: partial, total or radical. We decided we don't need that level of detail and this code combines ALL of those
- What it does NOT include is Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- This code includes: Lung decortication, VAT, thoracotomy - use (T) Pleura + Excision, Resection
- Arthrectomy - code joints by site.
- Synovectomy - code joints by site.
- Colectomy, hemicolectomy, ileocolectomy - (T) Large Intestine + Excision, Resection
- Whipple procedure - (T) Pancreas + Excision, Resection
- tumor removal - (T) <body part> + Excision, Resection
- intestinal polyp removal
- Hartmann's procedure/operation - (T) Anus, Rectum + Excision, Resection
- Excision and resection refer to work done on an internal body part. If it's an external body part consider instead use of Amputation.
- If any amount of reconstruction was done as part of a resection, code only Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- Example: a radical breast resection accompanied by a breast reconstruction, only code Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date for each day that they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- Px Count
- if they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
- Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- CCI component 2 codes - what was done
Related ICD10 Codes
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|