Excision, Resection, partial
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|Procedure:||Excision, Resection, partial|
|CCI 2 code:||87|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
- Excision and resection refer to work done on an internal body part. If it's an external body part consider instead use of Amputation.
- If any amount of reconstruction was done as part of a resection, code only Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- Example: a radical breast resection accompanied by a breast reconstruction, only code Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- Otherwise the distinction is whether the extent of the excision, usually indicated in the operative note written by the surgeon:
- Excision, Resection, partial indicates that only part of the body part was removed -- e.g. partial thyroidectomy
- Excision, Resection, total indicates ALL of the body part was removed -- e.g. total gastrectomy
- Excision, Resection, radical indicates that not only was all of the body part removed, but adjacent structures such as lymph nodes, adjacent soft tissue structures were also removed.
- Examples: radical neck dissection, radical mastectomy.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|