From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||P-Op Resp Failure, Anasarca, Congestive Heart Failure|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||Metabolic/Renal NOS, Renal/Metabolic NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
- This code is for fluid overload.
- While it can be used alone, it also can be used as a "go-with", as the cause of another entity.
- This code identifies a physiologic state, not any specific disorder or disease.
- The most important issue for this code is that it should NOT be used alone in Pulmonary edema that is not from heart disease
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Congestive heart failure with pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary edema that is not from heart disease
- ARDS (noncardiogenic pulmonary edema)
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI, form of ARDS)
- Congestive heart failure, NOS
- Liver, chronic passive congestion, due to CHF
- Shock, cardiogenic
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)