Gastrointestinal hemorrhage (GI bleed), not specified if lower or upper
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Gastrointestinal hemorrhage (GI bleed), not specified if lower or upper|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: GI bleed, 2019-0: GI Bleeding|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- If possible, combine this code with the CAUSE of this symptom.
- If the source of the Gastrointestinal hemorrhage is not known and:
- If you know whether the blood is exiting from the upper GI tract, then the correct code instead of this one is: Hematemesis
- If you know whether the blood is exiting from the lower GI tract, then the correct code instead of this one is: Melena or Hematochezia There is no need to link the Hematemesis or Melena or Hematochezia with this code or Hemorrhage, NOS as it is implied.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Peptic ulcer, site unspecified, with hemorrhage
- Mallory-Weiss tear/syndrome, with or without hemorrhage
- Dieulafoy's lesion of stomach or duodenum, with hemorrhage
- Gastric ulcer, with hemorrhage
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- The code for the source/cause of the bleeding.
Related CCI Codes