Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Hypovolemic/Hemorrhagic Shock|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This code only is for NON-TRAUMATIC hemoperitoneum. For traumatic hemoperitoneaum use Intra-abdominal organ NOS, wound/injury/trauma NOS
- Nontraumatic causes of hemoperitoneum include:
- Vascular accidents, such as rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, iliac aneurysm, or splenic aneurysm.
- Bleeding due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy or uterine rupture.
- Rupture of corpus luteum in some cases.
- Less commonly, bleeding due to a perforated gastric ulcer.
- Bleeding due to rupture of an intra-abdominal neoplasm, (e.g., Hepatoblastoma)
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- People on high dose of anticoagulants(blood thinners)
- Non-traumatic intestinal perforation
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)