ICU Acquired Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) rate
Number of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) cases per 1000 ICU patient days
|Indicator:||ICU Acquired Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) rate|
|Start Date:||1 January 2019|
|Reports:||No reports on this wiki list this as an indicator.|
- Default form:
Sampling Plan / Procedure
100 % of all patients will be monitored for acquired urinary catheter infection.
- Recorded once per patient
Do you mean "reported once per patient"? Because it could legitimately be duplicated in data if it happened twice, and it would now be more "per service admission" than "per patient"
- On quarterly basis based on discharge dates, tabulate the number of cases on acquired and total number of patient days or Total ICU_LOS in LOS per Service
Definition and Derivation
Number of CAUTI cases per 1000 ICU patient days
Number of new ICU CAUTI acquired cases
Total ICU_LOS in LOS per Service
- CAUTI is part of the ICD10 collection with code T83.5 Iatrogenic, infection, urinary catheter under the Acquired Diagnosis / Complication .
- The SAS program to get the CAUTI is X:\Julie\SAS_CFE\CFE_macros\Pre_ICD10_AcqDx.sas
- The SAS program to get the LOS is X:\Julie\SAS_CFE\CFE_macros\logphi.sas and (datetimes.sas or datetime_short.sas )
Critical Care Directors, Critical Care Unit Managers and WRHA Outcome Improvement Team Committee