Instructions for requesting a batch of data from DSM
This article describes how to generate the requestor file for the DSM Lab Extract. The file is stored on a file share that DSM can access. See Instructions for importing a batch of DSM Data for the related import process.
How frequently to request
We will request quarterly.
Initially our DSM contact had concerns about workload and wanted a lower frequency, but then he said "Send on the ‘requestor’ file as often as you want to see the output and I will make the time." (as per email from Alun Carter, Monday, February 06, 2017 10:50)
Instruction/steps for requesting data
- copy files to local, they are large and won't work well on a share.
- make a new local directory
- Put the following into the directory
- open DSM Labs Consistency check.accdb
- click the "Export requestor file" button
- If you get the error message 58- there is already file in the folder that you need to delete.
- follow the wizard, which will export a file to the shared folder and start an email to DSM
- close Access and delete files you had copied
- enter at the top of the log below when you requested data, and for what range
- check the number requestors.xls if the same as the number you requested by using the send date time.
missing dispo dates
if at import time a dispo dttm is still missing it will be replaced with Now().
The request process asks for all, and the import process de-duplicates, so there should be no gaps or overlaps.
Requesting Lab DSM
- Need to send quarterly
Put newest entry at the top
|Request Date||No_Records||Unmatched Records||SendDtTm range start||SendDtTm range end||Date Imported to Database||Comments|
|2020 Jul 15||6848||2020-Apr-21||2020-Jul-15||Added 793 unmatched DSM. Inc. w/no dispo date =398, 791 w dispo date total Inc. 1189|
|2020 Apr 21||6269||766 (12%)||2020-Jan-27||2020-Apr-21||2020-May15|
|2020 Jan 27||5567||413 (7%)||2019-Nov-20||2020-Jan-27||2020-Feb-10|
|2019 Nov 21||7350||417 (5%)||2019-Jul-31||2019-Nov-20||2019-Dec-18|
|2019 Jul 31||5738||146 (2.5%)||2019-May-13||2019-Jul-31 am||2019-Oct-24|
|2019 May 13||3583||491 (13%)||2019-Mar-27||2019-May-13 am||2019-May-29|
|2019 Mar 28||4198||249 (6%)||2019-Jan-23||2019-Mar-27 am||2019-Apr-10|
|2019 Jan 23||4521||1st- 1220 (27%), 2nd- 334 (7%)||2018-Oct-31||2019-Jan-23 am||1st- 2019-Mar-9; 2nd- 2019-Jun-14||1612 records of HSC have no lab data and re-send June 6, 2019|
|2018 Oct 31||5873||508 (9%)||2018-Jul-11||2018-Oct-31 am||2019-Mar-9|
|2018 Jul 11||1716||106 (6%)||2018-Jun-19||2018-Jul-11 am||2019-Mar-9|
|2018 Jun 19||4212||378 (9%)||2018-Apr-05||2018-Jun-19 am||2019-Mar-10|
|2018 Apr 5||4532||359 (8%)||2018-Jan-25||2018-Apr-05 am||2018-May-18|
|2018 Jan 25||5710||448 (8%)||2017-Oct-26||2018-Jan-25 am||2018-Apr-9|
|2017 Oct 26||16590||1246 (8%)||2016-Dec-31||2017-Oct-26 am||2018-Apr-9|
|2017-Mar-14||6078||559 (9%)||2016-Aug-30||2016-Dec-31 am||2017-Apr-12 ?|
Early requests that followed a different pattern:
- 16:05, 2016 October 17 (CDT) || 2016-08-01 (but use 1980-01-01 for import because first one) until 2016-08-30
- 2015-12-?? - Discharge date 2015-04-01 - 2015-04-30