Difference between revisions of "Pre-admit Inpatient Institution field"
Latest revision as of 10:37, 2021 August 5
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Pre-admit Inpatient Institution|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The most recent previous inpatient location of patients who were already inpatients elsewhere and who have been under medical care continuously before coming to our unit.
- For each patient, enter the most recent in-patient location where the patient has been admitted during this continuous episode of hospitalization at this or other hospitals
- if you know the situation but nothing on the list matches closely, enter other - known but not listed
- if the situation is unknown, enter location missing/unknown
- if the patient did not come from an inpatient location, enter "not applicable"
for example if they came from home or a clinic. The ER (at your site or elsewhere) is not an inpatient location, so enter "not applicable" for these
Where to find this information
If patient came from a different Winnipeg hospital this will be recorded in the “Visit History” on the EPR.
- The following ARE NOT considered inpatient locations, enter "NA / not applicable"
- care homes, including units with higher levels of care at any Chronic Health Facility
- Grace Nursing Home Ward - We consider admissions from there as readmissions, so would be coded as if they had come from home. Consistent with that we will consider these not inpatient locations, so code them as "NA / not applicable". (As per meeting with Dr Roberts 2016-05-05)
- Day-surgery locations
intra-facility and inter-facility transfers
If a patient gets transferred to another ward in the same or different hospital, enter <site>_Med, <site>_Ward or <site>_CC (as appropriate) as both the Previous Location field and the Pre-admit Inpatient Institution field.
arrivals from a borrowed bed
See and follow Previous Location field#Borrowed Bed Or Boarding Loc
several pre-admit locations
If a patient travels through several pre-admit inpatient locations we will only have data on the last one. We understand that. Just to be clear.
Pt was on a ward as an inpatient then went to ICU, then was transferred to the ward you are collecting on. Previous location would be ICU and previous inpatient institution would also be ICU.
"Can we remove the items that are no longer Service/Locations, Previous Locations, Pre-admit Inpatient Institutions or dispo locations from the dropdowns?"
We can and will remove them, but that can only happen once no more laptops use them. We will need to keep track of this and then remove them when ready. If I removed them now, then any box that currently has them enter would misbehave.
Data Use / Purpose
To document where those patients who were inpatients immediately before arriving on our ward/unit came from.
The detailed information will allow us also to distinguish between patients who were or were not inpatients before arrival. This is relevant to a patient's risk of bad outcomes.
The information will also give our administrators a better idea of which other hospitals are sending us patients, which they will use for planning.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check prev pre-admit consistent||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Function Validate Pre admit Inpatient Institution||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check function preAdmit NE Location||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check Accept Loc Park||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Link suspect mismatch pre inpt ours incomplete query||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
- The information will be part of the Inter-facility transfer report (i.e. inpatients coming from other facility outside the region or within the region). Also the information will be useful for research projects where a patient will be tagged if already an inpatient before arrival to the unit or ward. JMojica 11:45, 2016 June 6 (CDT)
The field is populated with options from the s_dispo table.
This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes and did not previously exist.
We used to collect nursing stations in hospital previous but would not include them under the new scheme because they are not inpatient locations. Julie and Tina met with Randy Martin 2016-04 and he confirmed he doesn't need them.