From CCMDB Wiki
This article is about Multiple Encounter patients who have been discharged and re-admitted in a short time frame.
For ICU, a readmission is a patient where
- (admit date/time) - (most recent ICU discharge date/time to ward or home) <= 72 hours
- is not an Apache type elective surgery
- might be readmitted from Ward within or outside Winnipeg hospitals or home or nursing home
- can also specify to include only from any ward within the region.
For medicine, a readmission is a patient where
- (admit date/time) - (most recent discharge date/time to the hospital) <= 7 days after their most recent discharge time to the hospital
- is admitted from outside hospital
- (Legacy: planned surgery used to be excluded, but this stopped because of insufficient data when we stopped collecting some APACHE elements in the medicine program Dec 31, 2006)
Use in Category:Reporting