Renal dialysis care, including dialysis itself
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: This is a legacy diagnosis, its stop date is in the past.
- Successor: No successor was entered
Click Expand to show legacy content.
|Dx:||Renal dialysis care, including dialysis itself|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Pt Monitored while on Dialysis|
|Charlson/ALERT Scale:||Renal disease|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
Almost every case of dialized patient can be determined by looking at the following, so we decided having this extra code was not necessary. We realize that it will make certain cross checks impossible.
- Use this code together with Chronic kidney disease (end-stage renal/kidney disease, ESRD), Stage 5, GFR LT 15 in comorbs, to identify ESRD patients on chronic HD.
- Although this could be used as an Admit Diagnosis if in fact they're being admitted for dialysis (in which case, it should be linked to the diagnosis for which they're getting admitted for acute dialysis), it's PREFERRED that when someone is admitted for acute dialysis that you code the cause/reason it's needed (e.g. hyperkalemia) AND the CCI code for the dialysis.
- If the ICU space is merely borrowing the ICU space to dialyze a patient, the patient should not be entered into our database.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Related TISS Codes
- Also may have to code appropriate TISS items for this.
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)