From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
- Use this code only for Staph aureus, use Staphylococcus, NOS for other staph.
- WIKI link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staphylococcus_aureus
You can use the "set MRSA Colonized" button to enter the following:
- Combined code the following as a Comorbid Diagnosis (not as an Admit Diagnosis.
- Enter CCI Picklist Isolation, infectious, likely as Acquired Procedure, but consult Admit Procedure/Acquired Procedure to be sure.
Combined code the following
- the appropriate code from one of the following
Colonized vs local infection
- If MRSA drawn from an abscess or deep in wound and you think it is causing the "local" infection, else code colonization.
Julie reported in 2013 that in the past 2 years there were 2 requests for data related to these variables.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- possibly Isolation, infectious