Jump to navigation Jump to search
General Information for the Supportive Housing entry in Pre acute living situation field.
- eligibility is determined by the WRHA Access Center
- Facilities built using private capital, profit oriented owned and operated by private business
- Building designed as pods of 12 with private bedroom and bathroom with central communal kitchen, living room area and access to a deck or yard space.
- occupants are tenants
- example: Rosewood which is located next to Waverly complex
- tenants are individuals who are not well enough to live independently but who are not frail enough to live in a PCH.
- In between example include
- mild cognitive impairment
- issues with incontinence
- Require some degree of supervision on 24/7 basis
- Require assistance with bathing, laundry, cooking, dressing and other ADL's
- "companion" provided on 24 hr basis by WRHA who assist up to 12 tenants with ADL, meals, housekeeping and supervision
- cost to tenant approx. $1500-2500/mth. Does not include cost of meds, laundry, supplies and personal hygiene items as per April 2013.
- issue for many if affordability of option