Transfusion of platelets
|Procedure:||Transfusion of platelets|
|CCI Picklist code:||1.LZ.19.HH-U4-J|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect count units|
- Use transfusion codes once for each separate day that a transfusion happens.
- For each such day, also code the number of units transfused as the Px Count
- Definition of a single unit:
- A single unit is what the blood bank (Canadian Blood Services) says it is. A single unit is accompanied by a single, unique sticker that is put by nursing on the Blood Products Administration Record in hospital charts.
- So, the number of units you record should equal the number of stickers on the record.
Enter a count of 1 for each single adult transfusion unit of platelets, ie each single sticker.
This is different than the way it was done before. This is because what used to be called a "five pack" or 5 units of platelets is now identified by CBS as a SINGLE ADULT TRANSFUSION UNIT of platelets. Thus we will now refer to this as ONE UNIT of platelets.
Collecting "CCI collect count units" items
- "CCI collect count units" items are entered as counts of how often they occurred
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date of the first time they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- enter the total number of units that were administered for each Admit Procedure and each Acquired Procedure of this type as Px Count
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
|Other procedure in Transfusion:|
|Other procedure in Therapeutic Procedure:|
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|