Readmissions are patients who have been discharged and readmitted in a short time frame.
|Program:||Critical Care and Medicine|
|Reports:||Directors Quarterly Report - Activity Summary|
- Default form:
They are a case of Multiple Encounter.
Exclusions for readmissions are the following:
- There is a planned admission like elective surgery
- Left the ward or unit against medical advice (AMA)
- Palliative patients
- HSC IICU has no readmission
For ICU, a readmission is a patient where
- (admit date/time) - (most recent ICU discharge date/time to ward or home) <= 48 hours
- is not an Admit Type for APACHE II "elective surgery"
- might be readmitted from Ward within or outside Winnipeg hospitals or home or nursing home
- can also specify to include only from any ward within the region.
For medicine, a readmission is a patient where
- (admit date/time) - (most recent discharge date/time to the hospital) <= 7 days after their most recent discharge time to the hospital
- is admitted from outside hospital
- (Legacy: planned surgery used to be excluded, but this stopped because of insufficient data when we stopped collecting some APACHE elements in the medicine program Dec 31, 2006)
Use in Category:Reporting