for the WRHA Regional Daily ICU Bed census (White Board) see Bed census.mdb
Count of full or partial days patients occupy beds. Partial days are reported in a decimal fraction of a day.
Bed occupancy is usually used in aggregate form as "per location" and/or "per timeframe", e.g. by day/month/quarter/year x Ward/Unit x Hospital.
Actual hours occupying a bed per day for each patient
- If admit date the same as discharge date - calculate the difference between the discharge time and admit time.
- if admit date is not the same as disch date
- for first date - calculate the difference between 2400 and admit time
- for in between date - consider 1 full day
- for last date - calculate the difference between disch time - 001
- Bed Occupancy per day = sum of bed occupied by all patients in a given day
- This formula is used in quarter/FY reports
Get the maximum bed census and minimum bed census per day
- Bed occupancy per day = (Minimum + Maximum)/2
number of bed census per slice of time
- This means for a given hour of the day, how many beds are occupied.
- This is done by adding the patient admitted and subtracting the patient discharged based on time per day.
- Bed Occupancy per day at ##Hour = number of patients occupying a bed at ##Hour.
Reports using Bed Occupancy