WRHA Regional Daily ICU Bed census (White Board)
The ICU utilizes this process to collaboratively manage all ICU beds in the Region. The Critical Care Finance Director uses the bed census data for administrative purposes.
On May 3, 2012 this process became electronic. See: File:BedCensusAnnouncement Letter May 2012.pdf.
To see the actual ICU white board itself, go to: Electronic ICU bed census.
The task of coordinating with ehealth Staff on issues related with the Bed Census website, and maintaining of the Bed census database were assigned by the Critical Care Program Directors to the Statistician of the Critical Care Database.
Bed Census Data Collection Process
HSC MICU Clerk
- Individual ICU’s in the city must fax forms to HSC MICU when there is a bed change in their unit.
- The HSC MICU unit clerk manually enters the information directly into:Electronic ICU bed census 
- The HSC-MICU unit clerk updates the electronic "White Board" every time a change of beds form is faxed in from Winnipeg and Brandon ICU .
- The ICU/Medicine Data Processor picks up the faxed in bed census forms twice a week from the main ICU and being used to confirm if any questionable data will arise. Since 2020 when COVID started and working from home, the ICU/Medicine Data Processor told the HSC_MICU unit clerk to dispose the forms into confidential waste.
- The ICU/Medicine Statistician downloads the data from the Electronic ICU bed census and prepare the data for import to the WRHA Critical Care Daily Bed Census-Version2020.mdb .
- From the downloaded data, only the record before and closest to 3:00 pm for each date and unit will be selected and uploaded to the bed census database.
- When the downloaded data is getting bigger, a copy of the last downloaded data is relabeled with time periods and saved in the folder S:\Critical_Care\Patient_DB_Reports\Bed_Census\Legacy_BedCensusData. The Statistician gets in touch with the ehealth contact staff to tell about changing the start date of the downloaded data into a more recent date.
Location of Bed census data
- Master: S:\Critical_Care\Patient_DB_Reports\Bed_Census/WRHA Critical Care Daily Bed Census-Version2020.mdb
- Backup: of bed census.mbd also on Statistician C drive.
The staff that have access to the share folder for Bed census.mdb are the Critical Care Directors (Nursing, Medical and Finance), the Critical Care Admin Assistant, p:Julie Mojica, p:Pagasa Torres
Bed Census Form
Web Page not working - contact?
Web page link