Registry Patient Type
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: This is a legacy data field, its DataElementEndDate is in the past.
- Successor: No successor was entered
Click Expand to show legacy content.
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Pt Type|
|Program:||Med and CC|
Service of the attending physician for medicine data, and the type of admit diagnosis for critical care patients.
The use of this field had changed over time, and it was found to no longer contain what was originally intended and was removed 2018-05-09.
Related data we continue to collect is:
The Patient Type on your registry page can take one of two values:
Patient who is admitted under the care of a Medical Service attending physician
- admitted from the OR but is under the care of the Medicine Service Attending Physician.
- admitted from the RR and is under the care of the Medicine Service Attending Physician.
NOTE: if there is a surgical patient on an medicine ward bed that is under a Surgical Service care, we exclude from the database. This is not a medicine service care patient.
Critical Care Units
- admit from OR
- admit from RR
- all Trauma (fall, MVA, stabbing, etc)
- all burns
- all upper GI bleeds
- all intracerebral bleeds
- Pt who undergoes a surgery related to primary reason to ICU in the first 48 hrs of admission to ICU.
- Pt admitted from a SURGICAL WARD
- Pancreatitis if surgery < =48 hrs of admission to unit
- Cardiac or respiratory arrest
- Cardiogenic shock
- Pancreatitis if surgery >48 hrs of admission to unit
- don't fall into Surgical or Cardiac type category
- STB in both MICU and CICU - if under the Care of Cardiology Service. This no longer applies when STB ACCU started July 6, 2016.
- HSC in the MICU unit - if under the Care of Cardiology Service
- rhythm disturbances
- unstable angina / ACS
- post angio/plasty
- pacemaker insertions (temp or perm)
Note for ICU at HSC and STB only
Patients in MICU under MICU attending physician service that have a cardiac diagnosis should always be coded as medical type whether they are stable or not. The only exception is if a patient is a surgical patient, then mark as surgical type.
StB Cardiac patients
Special rules used to apply
CCMDB Data Integrity Checks
have been removed when collection discontinued
Removal of field
The discussion at task meeting in past was to wait until we migrate to ICU10 DX code then Julie and Garland can decide on pt type category.
- 2018-May-7: Steering Committee meeting - reviewed and agreed to stop Registry Pt Type. Field removed from CCMDB.accdb. See CCMDB.mdb Change Log 2018#2018-05-09.