"Pulling" Centralized data.mdb
This article describes how the Data Processor "pulls down" (ie moves to her local c:\ drive) Centralized_data.mdb and PHI.mdb for editing. The file gets moved to local because it's faster there and because it prevents collectors from sending in the middle of update actions.
Data should not be pulled during designated sending times: Because the Data Processor needs dedicated access to Centralized_data.mdb the time during which collectors are able to send is limited as follows:
- when working from hospital site: Monday to Friday 14:30-18:00
- when working from home: Monday to Friday 07:00-09:00
ALWAYS make sure you finish "Pushing" Centralized data.mdb before you go home or Data collectors will not be able to send during the next designated sending times.
Instructions / Steps to Pull
- double-click on Centralized_CCMDB (folder shortcut icon on Pagasa's desktop -yellow triangle)
- double click on Pull_down_centralized_data.vbs
- If you get the error msg "Phi files are locked", then re-boot the computer
Screen prompt will say 'attempting to update...', Click OK Then 'finished updating...', Click OK
- Prompts do you want to ...
- Answer Yes
- Wait for the program to pull which takes approx. 5 minutes
- Prompts finished processing pull script
- click OK
- The Push/Pull log will show whether you are in 'push' or 'pull' mode.
The Centralized data.mdb & PHI.mdb get moved to the directory from which [[Pull_down_centralized_data.vbs] was run.
The data processor takes control of the data by "Pulling" Centralized data.mdb, and releases it back for sending or for others to access by "Pushing" Centralized data.mdb.
The current state of pushing/pulling can be seen in the Push/Pull log
At the beginning and end of the day, it should ALWAYS be in push mode.
- The Centralized and Phi.mdb back up in Pull and Push state.