Ongoing info for collectors
At least one collector has been unable to connect to the network after changing the password from home. Changing the passwords from home is known to cause problems occasionally because, once you change the password on the laptop, the change has to propagate to all the different network resources incl. EPR and the login to your extended office.
Preferred option: If you bring your laptop in occasionally anyway, then do the password change from work early in the day so all the changes can trickle down while you are connected and you avoid problems.
Alternative option: If you need to do the change from home:
- log into your laptop
- connect to WRHA network via extended office
- go to https://storefront.manitoba-ehealth.ca and log in with ntdwrha/<your account> (e.g. ntdwrha/jdoe)
- click on the your account settings in the top right hand corner and change password
- Mostly relevant for Tina: admin password should always be changed from storefront as per email from Shared Health 2021-12-31
Sending is slow
Slow sending increases probability of send collisions. The Designated sending times from home are different, see that page.
Specifics for process changes per site
We need to have people check mail etc occasionally. For now, site/program specific info is in
- STB General Collection Guide#IMPORTANT_INFORMATION_DURING_COVID_PANDEMIC
- STB Medicine Collection Guide#IMPORTANT_INFORMATION_DURING_COVID_PANDEMIC
Initial info for setting this up
Approval to work from home
As of 2020-04 work from home can only be done on an exception basis, currently due to COVID. STB can do most of their work from home due clinical documentation on EPR, others would only be able to do ~25% of their work from home. All part-time staff are approved to work from home and can do so should the need arise. ie. office occupancy limits (HSC), bad weather days. For those working at GGH, and HSC please discuss with your manager in advance when you plan to work from home.
- FORM to fill in: see File:Remote-access-service-request-form 2020 April 2 WRHA Data collectors.pdf
- See: Shared Health remote-access webpage
- also See: more info on remote access
- a record must be kept in the Workstations.mdb which includes laptop ID, employee's name, and what other equipment they will take home.
- staff must sign a work from home Protocol form. Manager keeps copy in file, also copy sent to serviceDesk.
How to apply to eHealth and that each colletor who will work from home has to pull that certificate while still at work
Extended office will kick you off at times. It doesn't necessarily tell you when that happens, but email and connection to server will stop working. You can see if you are connected by looking for the (your background might be different) in the bottom right corner of your screen. If it's blue you are connected, if it's grey you are not. Also, you can hover over it and it will tell you. If you have been disconnected, just use the shortcut on your desktop again to re-connect.
- Please see the following document Remote Access User Guide https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/remote-access-user-guide.pdf
Home office requirements
There was that link to security