Legacy Processing Instructions Bed census.mdb
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Go to: Bed Census Data Processing Instructions
LEGACY Data Entry Instructions for Bed Census.mdb for the Data Processor- Stopped May 2, 2012
- June 2009, The Data Processor for Database Program took over entering this data into an Access database from Critical Care Admin. Assistant.
- May 3, 2012, The Data Processor stopped entering. Input done directly into
<link no longer available> by HSC_MICU unit clerk.
- April 28,2011 SBGH-MICU was changed to SBGH_MICU (8 beds), SBGH-Long (2 beds), and SBGH-Fast (2 beds). Number of nurses is only entered on the SBGH-MICU line, ICU Overflow is entered for all 3 lines. This was stopped. No date of change noted.
- Retrieve from office fax machine DAILY: bed census summary forms Our office should receive one @ 0200 hrs and 1400 hrs daily.
- enter data into Bed census.mdb from 1400 summary only.
- If missing, or data on FAXED copy is questionable, go to the JJ309, the HSC_MICU unit "main desk" and look for the black binder called WRHA CENSUS, for the "original" faxed Bed Census Summary sheet.
- 2-3 times per week, pick up the "individual site" census forms which are also located in the HSC MICU-main desk in filing slot.
- Cross check numbers before entry:
- Total Open Beds = vent pts + non-vent pts + empty beds
- CCU unit has always non-vent pts only (vent pts = 0)
- HSC-IICU if 1400 hrs has no data, use the 0200 hrs data
- total capacity (last column) does not necessarily equal the total open beds
- If numbers are not matching, check the data from the 0200 hrs and/or the previous day in order to decide for the correction. Can also look at the 'individual' site bed census forms.
- if there are errors on summary form that cannot be resolved, review them against the daily individual site census form that are faxed to HSC_MICU.
- if error is on "current day" summary bed census sheet, data processor can also go to the HSC MICU unit and check the white bed board on the wall at the main desk.
- If cannot resolve, ask Julie
- April 28,2011 SBGH-MICU was changed to SBGH_MICU (8 beds), SBGH-Long (2 beds), and SBGH-Fast (2 beds). Number of nurses is only entered on the SBGH-MICU line, ICU Overflow is entered for all 3 lines.