|edit ||"cannot open any more tables" in Access ||Pagasa ||
- After 24 rows, open and closed assigning Pseudo Phin an error message pop up then I cannot assign Phin anymore. I closed CFE then open then I am good to go again. The second time the error message pop up not 24 rows it less than 24 like 15 rows then it will show again the error message. PTorres 16:09, 2022 June 14 (CDT)
- Is it the "cannot open..." error or the "enter parameter..." error you get at this point? Emailed Pagasa... Ttenbergen 10:49, 2022 November 16 (CST)
- Still shows "cannot open "so I clicked ok then it says run time error 3014 cannot open any more tables. Closed the CFE then log back in.
- After I continue assigning Pseudo Phin after 25 rows "cannot open" showed up again I clicked ok then error message shows again. Closed CFE then log back in.PTorres 14:42, 2022 November 30 (CST)
- Are you following the steps in Generating PseudoPHINs when this goes wrong? Which step in those instructions are you at when it stops responding and you need to restart the program? Ttenbergen 13:48, 2022 November 29 (CST)
- Yes, I am. I am clicking and assigning the new Pseudo Phin and not moving. PTorres 14:47, 2022 November 30 (CST)
|2022-12-07 6:15:25 PM|
|edit ||"cannot open any more tables" in Access ||Pagasa ||
Assigning Pseudo Phin or working on the queries if I worked long enough opened closed it then the error message pop up "Enter Parameter Value". PTorres 17:01, 2022 April 14 (CDT)
- What is the specific action or button press after which this happens? I.e. which step in Generating PseudoPHINs? Ttenbergen 10:49, 2022 November 16 (CST)
- When I click the pseudo button to the left of the PHIN field label, nothing is moving.PTorres 15:23, 2022 November 30 (CST)
- I don't understand what you mean by that. What is the last thing you do before the "Enter Parameter Value" error happens? As in, what is the last button you click or last field you enter? Ttenbergen 12:15, 2022 December 7 (CST)
|2022-12-07 6:15:25 PM|
|edit ||ABG Data ||Allan ||
Identified as something we should do to streamline data collection. I have made this page to document progress toward this import. Blood gas data is in DSM listing; need to compare to see if we can use it
- Allan will revisit with Lab people whether this is obtainable now Ttenbergen 11:34, 2022 February 9 (CST)
|2023-05-17 7:00:40 PM|
|edit ||APACHE Acute Dxs in ICD10 codes ||Allan ||You asked for a spot for this info ||2023-11-01 6:15:04 PM|
|edit ||APACHE Comorbidities in ICD10 codes ||Allan ||You asked for a spot for this info ||2023-04-27 3:37:59 PM|
|edit ||APACHE physiological variable collection ||Task ||Can we please discuss the rationale for this? Lisa Kaita 08:36, 2023 November 4 (CDT) ||2023-11-04 1:36:40 PM|
|edit ||Boarding Loc ||Lisa ||are there circumstances where the unit time is changed from the Cognos one? These might come from Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission / Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission or should in any case be consistent with that.
yes for SICU often COGNOS has the date and tm the same for first service and first boarding loc and second boarding loc, so we will change the boarding loc to be off by 1 minute until we confirm in the chart the correct date and times. We then exclude the boarding loc so that it doesn't keep popping up on the CUS, leave a note in note section to confirm date and times Lisa Kaita 13:55, 2023 February 1 (CST)
- I am not sure how best to update this instruction so it's both clear how to collect, how to interpret incomplete data, and how to interpret complete data.... thoughts? Ttenbergen 15:10, 2023 February 1 (CST)
|2023-02-01 9:10:53 PM|
|edit ||Boarding Loc ||Lisa ||if two show up with same dttm how should this be resolved?
see above example. Lisa Kaita 13:59, 2023 February 1 (CST) ||2023-02-01 9:10:53 PM|
|edit ||Change of GRA location names from "our" names to EPR/Cognos names ||Julie ||
Do we need to change old ITEM values for consistencies? --JMojica 12:11, 2022 March 8 (CST)
- It might be nice to have, and you would know better how important this is. If we want to do it, we would need to ask Pagasa to run the update queries for each item. See query below.
- Was updated for all except GRA Boarding... Tina needs to fix wiki page. Ttenbergen 16:11, 2022 March 23 (CDT)
- This still had a comment for me to clean up so I a look at L_TmpV2 and there are still 32 "GRA" items other than "GRA - boarding". If we want this consistent we might want to ask Pagasa to change them. See query below to view them. Ttenbergen 09:31, 2023 July 6 (CDT)
|2023-07-06 2:31:04 PM|
|edit ||Change of remaining location names from "our" names to EPR/Cognos names ||all ||JALT - Is there anything here we want to do before SF? Or that still needs to be done at all? Ttenbergen 09:42, 2023 July 6 (CDT)
What happens to the ICU Previous Location, Pre-admit Inpatient Institution, Dispo or even Service Location - should they be changed too by the new COGNOS ICU locations? Example current STB_ACCU is SBGH-CCUO in COGNOS, STB_CICU is SBGH_ICCS, STB_MICU is SBGH_ICMS. Should the old labels remain? We need to think hard for its implications to queries of linking and/or matching tables before implementing any change. --JMojica 16:33, 2022 February 2 (CST)
- It would be nice to have this consistent, and yet you are correct that this would tie into a lot of things. I think the benefits of making it consistent win out, though especially when it comes to also thinking about this in terms of that metadata we discussed the other day. Even if we keep the (possibly identical) data in both s_tmp and s_dispo for now, we would then be able to use that metadata table for both. This would require thinking through the details. Julie, I think it only involves you and me, so maybe we should discuss at our wiki meetings? Ttenbergen 13:44, 2022 February 8 (CST)
- Julie and Tina discussed:
- We use the 4 fields Previous Location, Pre-admit Inpatient Institution, Dispo and Service/Location also to map patient flow between laptops, and we very much don't use Cognos values for this (e.g. HSC_Med). We need to retain this ability to use the entries for linking but would also make them the same as Cognos where possible. So we need to keep our "own" values for this for locations where we collect.
- We decided to use manually split CC entries e.g. HSC_MICU vs HSC_SICU since Julie reports in those increments, ie it is hard to pull apart a stay in two ICU types if it is collected as one record. We don't want to lose that.
- We would still like to change these own values to the "modern" values where we use legacy terms, eg. STB ICMS vs STB MICU. As long as we make a clean transition between old and new, or change all old, that should not be a problem, but we need to account for it.
- We could use the Cognos values for all places where we don't collect, e.g. if a pt comes from Ward HSC_A1 and Cognos lists that as HSC-GA1, we could just enter that. However, for locations we don't collect we currently aggregate this to HSC_ward. Do we want the extra detail? It would be easier to enter but might be harder to interpret and possibly even harder to work with for collectors.
- If we want to keep our proprietary value for locations where we collect, and keep aggregate ones for locations where we don't collect, I am not sure which locations that then leaves where we would use the Cognos values?
- Julie, do you agree to that summary? If so, there may be nothing to discuss with Lisa, since we will need to leave this as is. If I am missing something pls update and then pass on to Lisa for her take. Ttenbergen 16:56, 2022 March 23 (CDT)
- agree. pass to lisa. --JMojica 15:27, 2022 June 8 (CDT)
- I think this is no longer an issue, unless we are looking to change how we collect this, which I am not in favor of Lisa Kaita 12:23, 2022 August 24 (CDT)
|2023-07-06 2:42:44 PM|
|edit ||ClientGUID field ||Lisa ||
Do you know if the ClientGUID is visible in EPR anywhere? It is usually a long number, like 4000012345678912 at HSC. There are shorter ones and some start with a different number. If these were actually visible in EPR then the question of whether we ever enter a record otherwise would go away, as we would be ale to just enter them explicitly as neededTtenbergen 15:32, 2022 August 4 (CDT)
I would need a specific example of Client GUID and the patient to look in EPR Lisa Kaita 12:26, 2022 August 24 (CDT)
I looked at a few and the ClientGUID does not appear to be on the EPR, the only long # in EPR other than MRN is the Visit ID # Lisa Kaita 14:04, 2022 August 25 (CDT)
- The second field in your L_Log table is now being populated with these, so sort it z-to-a and you should see examples of ClientGUIDs. Ttenbergen 15:01, 2022 August 24 (CDT)
|2023-07-13 9:32:19 PM|
|edit ||DSM Lab Extract ||Tina ||
A possibility to change the current Chart entry to be the same with SH format (see #DSM Inclusion Criteria/ Process for reason why in details). ||2023-07-05 5:36:20 PM|
|edit ||ECIP ||all ||
As per email discussion with Lisa: "We could also have a safety net where by the other ICU collectors could email the collectors at HSC when they receive an admission from HSC ER?"
On the online Bed Board (https://whiteboard.manitoba-ehealth.ca/whiteboard/icu), there is a column OFF_service Patients which means any patient overflowing to either Resuscitation room in ED, PACU/PARR, ICCS, etc. and entry is real time. For HSC SICU, the common overflow location is PACU (haven’t seen any at ER). Only GRA ICU shows overflows in ER. This may give us a clue for possible ECIP but not sure how DC will crosscheck the online bed board if the timing won't synchronized. maybe we just have to ignore SICU ECIP if there is such a thing. --JMojica 16:27, 2020 October 6 (CDT)
- If others receiving an admission from HSC ER would be a filter, we might actually have that info in Cognos, it just would not be showing up in your (ie HSC’s) data at this time. But that would mean collectors would always need to review patients who went to another ICU from the HSC ER (and likely the same for the STB ER, possibly even the GRA one...), so that seems like a lot of overhead. Are we OK to just identify SICU ECIPs as a population we likely usually don't capture? Ttenbergen 15:36, 2020 October 6 (CDT)
|2023-05-04 5:15:58 PM|
|edit ||ER Delay ||Tina ||
I have re-updated Created_Variables_Common_maker_2021 query, for some reason the change I had made was not reflected in the master version. Ready to test. Ttenbergen 13:25, 2022 June 28 (CDT)
- emailed Tina some inconsistencies found in ER Delays Aug 15,2022. --JMojica 13:21, 2022 August 29 (CDT)
|2023-04-19 8:52:09 PM|
|edit ||Error "Invalid SQL statment..." when sending ||all ||
2023-03-22 S9 first send started 07:12:41 stopped at checking for duplicates at 7:13:06, showed up on laptop at 0716, news & backup then second send went through
- But did it give this error? Ttenbergen 09:24, 2023 March 22 (CDT)
|2023-08-03 2:01:43 PM|
|edit ||Error: There isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again. ||all ||
Are collectors still getting this error? Under what circumstances? Will need more input if we want to fix this. Ttenbergen 15:34, 2022 June 1 (CDT)
I just had this happen on the H6 laptop, but I have about 250 records on it and I had forgotten to delete the sent profiles (about 50) so once I did this the error went away Lisa Kaita 08:11, 2022 June 3 (CDT) ||2022-06-03 1:11:54 PM|
|edit ||High-Obs Wards ||Tina ||Tina to add. ||2022-10-20 9:32:54 PM|
|edit ||HSC MICU ||all ||
Does this belong somewhere else as well? Cognos2 Service Starter?Lisa Kaita 09:09, 2022 September 1 (CDT)
||2022-11-03 10:29:22 PM|
|edit ||ICU Acquired Ulcer Rate ||Task ||
Is it correct to include any stage (or even unknown stage) in recording the count of decubitus ulcer? --JMojica 10:32, 2023 November 23 (CST) ||2023-11-23 4:42:56 PM|
|edit ||ICU Interfacility Report ||Task ||
What is the definition of interfacility transfer? if the current ICU admission has dispo equal to another ICU in another site and then the next admission where patient went has pre inpt institution equal to originating ICU but previous location is OR or Recovery or Cath Lab or Dialysis Unit, is that considered as interfacility transfer?
- ex. Originating ICU is HSC_MICU, Dispo is STB ICMS ; Admitting ICU is STB ICMS, Pre_inpt is HSC MICU PreviousLocation is STB Cardiac Cath Lab, are these the correct entries or not? is this an ICU interfacility transfer? --JMojica 10:08, 2023 November 23 (CST)
|2023-11-23 4:13:26 PM|
|edit ||JALT Meeting - Rolling Agenda and Minutes 2023 ||all ||JALT
For CC Reports, ER Delay for LE 30 minutes, ignore (treat as zero) and GT 30 minutes, use actual ER Delay. N is number of cases where previous location is from own ER, CC reports Mean ER Delay as Total ER delays/N and Median ER based on N. Prior to Oct 2020, we calculate ER delay as Arrive Dttm - Accept Dttm. But there are cases where Accept Dttm is missing, therefore ER Delay is missing and these missing are not included in N. Are all these correct? --JMojica 17:36, 2023 February 13 (CST)
For Medicine Reports, I am reporting LOS (mean, std, total, min, max) per Boarding LOC which includes ER . Should the GT 30 mins threshold be applied for ER boarding loc or use actual ER LOS? do we need to follow the same rule for both CC and Med? --JMojica 17:36, 2023 February 13 (CST) ||2023-07-05 5:34:42 PM|
|edit ||Postal Code field ||Task ||
Julie has found inconsistencies between PCs for consecutive admissions. We know that PCs that come in from Cognos are often found to change in EMR during the admission, and (some? all?) collectors change them to the final PC as found in EMR. We need to decide how we want to define PCs with regard to those changes to make sure we provide data that is consistent and defined in the way that is most useful for our reporting purposes.
We could define Postal Code as "on admission" or "on discharge". That would depend how we plan to use it. Do we care where someone came from, or do we use this with regard to discharge difficulties? If someone comes from Ashern, is in hospital for 3 months, and moves their home address to a care home in Winnipeg before discharge… what do we want to have in our DB? The original Cognos PC would be easiest and most consistent. But then we may not be able to use the PC for discharge based concepts. Or maybe we can, since the number of affected records might be small. I wonder if we should do a short term project where collectors enter when a PC changes from original Cognos import before discharge. A count would tell us how common this situation is, and help us decide how to proceed. It could be just documenting that we use initial PC and have found that a percentage of ??? changes during the hospital stay. Or it could be a change in definition.
For discussion at task meeting, but please add observations here if you have any. Ttenbergen 10:05, 2023 November 5 (CST)
- My thoughts - we can revise our Postal Code definition as 'on admission' onwards and if the user who asks it does not agree with ours, then the user can choose to get it from somewhere else. This data is very seldom asked so let us not add more work on it. Let us just standardize it or make it consistent by using one source of data and decide which source to use COGNOS or EMR? --JMojica 09:35, 2023 November 6 (CST)
- Occasionally during chart review it is noted that a listed address is no longer valid, or the postal code entered in EPR for an address is incorrect. When this happens, should the postal code be corrected by collectors? Pamela Piche 09:47, 2023 November 6 (CST)
- Just curious, how do you correct such case and where do you find the correct postal code - do you google? --JMojica 10:03, 2023 November 6 (CST)
- For example, I will occasionally look up addresses on google to help determine whether apartment vs community facility with support and a postal code discrepancy is discovered. Occasionally a PCH is listed without an address or missing postal code and I look these up on google also. Pamela Piche 10:18, 2023 November 6 (CST)
|2023-11-06 4:26:17 PM|
|edit ||Query cardiac arrest throughout admission ||all ||JALT Review after 2023-09-15
Lisa flagged that, if we do this for Cardiac Arrest, we should really do it for other dxs as well. And if we did that, it could result in a lot of work since it would need to be mediated by Pagasa for now. So we decided to see where the SF implementation goes and review the definition of this check once we have a centralized tool where the data collector would not need to mediate this. Ttenbergen 15:43, 2023 July 13 (CDT) ||2023-07-25 3:49:53 PM|
|edit ||Query check CCI CXR vs LOS ||Julie ||
Just came across this... the started query includes additional dxs now, as per #CCI collect count each. Does the proposed accepted count make sense for all the dxs? Your validation table was for CXR. Ttenbergen 11:50, 2023 May 3 (CDT) ||2023-05-03 8:58:14 PM|
|edit ||Query Mgmt StartDelays ||Lisa ||
Not currently used since Trish retired. If we want to use these we will need to update this to using Admit DtTm instead. But this may not be the right query anyway. Emailed Lisa to have conversation if she wants to use this. Ttenbergen 15:08, 2022 April 27 (CDT) ||2022-04-27 8:08:40 PM|
|edit ||Query NDC Bad Postal Code ||Tina ||
I think this is the process where you said you are having problems with copy/pasting. Copy pasting isn't even mentioned here, so maybe update the process to show how you actually do this, so that someone like Sheila Rusnak would be able to follow the instructions. Ttenbergen 15:45, 2022 March 17 (CDT)
- Do you create that query each time? Would we be able to update the NDC query that finds these in the first place to include the info you need? We can discuss at our next meeting. Ttenbergen 16:23, 2022 March 17 (CDT)
- Taking this off Pagasa's list for now, since if we can get this data from DSS we won't need to do this any more. Ttenbergen 15:36, 2022 March 24 (CDT)
|2023-05-04 5:03:24 PM|
|edit ||Repeat clicks being needed when entering CCI PX Type ||all ||
I can't replicate this. Pulled test data, deleted all CCIs Picklist entries from one profile, closed profile, re-opened, clicked type dropdown and it worked. Can someone provide a series of steps to recreate the above error? The report is old and I must have pasted it from somewhere else, so I don't even have a collector to go back to. The problem may be the step just before clicking in the dropdown, so if you get this problem, please include that step. Ttenbergen 16:59, 2022 February 10 (CST) ||2022-02-10 10:59:34 PM|
|edit ||SBGH Swing Beds ||all ||
to be sure, if I remember right STB ICU does that for ALL Boarding Loc entries, not just swing beds, right? Just trying to confirm, because if that's true then it's not a swing bed instruction but instead a STB Critical Care Collection Guide instruction (or possibly a Boarding Loc one). Ttenbergen 11:33, 2022 January 27 (CST)
- Yes, the arrive time for all ICU patients is taken from the ICU flow sheets
|2023-05-24 8:57:55 PM|
|edit ||SBGH Swing Beds ||Lisa ||Are there actually differences in how CC, Med or different laptops do this? Or is the following correct for all?
- Since any CUS entry at STB may be either a swing bed or a real bed, service locations and times need review.
- For Medicine, the swing bed entries will often be obvious as the unit stays will be a matter of minutes
- If a CUS entry is for a swing bed, manually exclude using the "exclude" button
- Any ICU pt. may be placed into a swing bed, but the majority of swing beds are used for the ICCS pt's. The pt. is placed in a swing bed while in the OR, and then moved into a real bed post op when they arrive in the CICU. Their stay in a swing bed may be any length of time. The true arrive Dt/Tm is taken from the ICU flow sheets.
- if a pt. was placed into an ICU swing bed but was never admitted to the ICU, the pt. entries are manually excluded from Cognos when reviewed.
- I would feel more comfortable if a collector from SBGH reviewed this, as I haven't been there for some time and I am not 100% certain how they are dealing with swing beds Lisa Kaita 13:06, 2022 August 24 (CDT)
- Pam tweaked the above, just waiting for Val to weigh in Lisa Kaita 13:30, 2022 August 24 (CDT)
- Are we still waiting for feedback on this one? Ttenbergen 15:57, 2023 May 24 (CDT)
|2023-05-24 8:57:55 PM|
|edit ||Service tmp entry ||JALT ||
If first service Start Dttm is before the Cognos Visit Admit DtTm, should the first Service Start Dttm be made the same as the Cognos Visit Admit DtTm or keep the former DtTm? - --JMojica 15:29, 2023 October 10 (CDT)
I would suggest that it should be the same as the COGNOS Visit admit dttm Lisa Kaita 14:57, 2023 October 11 (CDT)
Further checking of cases where first service Start Dttm is before the Cognos Visit Admit DtTm revealed that the automated Cognos Visit Admit DtTm is not always correct (i.e. the populated DtTm corresponds to the next visit admission). Lisa and I will suggest an integrity check related to this in the new platform. Meantime, we would like each DC to be aware of such cases and make sure the first service Start Dttm is after or same as Cognos Visit Admit DtTm and if before by greater than 30 minutes, check and confirm which one is not correct and change accordingly. --JMojica 14:59, 2023 October 12 (CDT)
- I agree. --JMojica 15:40, 2023 October 11 (CDT)
|2023-10-12 8:16:17 PM|
|edit ||Sex field ||all ||hopefully that link is consistent with what is collected now, it should have been linked with this page but somehow wasn't. ||2023-09-27 8:58:56 PM|
|edit ||Template:ICD10 Guideline MRSA ||Allan ||z "It was decided that Allan with contact Dr. Embil after COVID is over and see if we can obtain this data from Infection Control. If so, we could import it into the database, and have our data collectors cease obtaining it." - did anything come of that? ||2021-01-12 8:59:00 PM|
|edit ||Visit Admit DtTm differences within same admission ||Task ||
Do we still see occasional mismatches? Ttenbergen 13:40, 2022 December 8 (CST)
- There are still few which showed up. Last Oct5, 2023, a new problem came up - this is a case where the Visit Admit Dttm is after the Admission Dttm and/or Discharge Dttm. The error was brought up by a requestor who is interested on the days in hospital prior to ICU admission - when he calculated the difference between the Admission Dttm and Visit Adm Dttm, he found cases with negative values. In the WIKI, it is said that the Visit Adm Dttm is used as an identifier and not as a Date. When Lisa checked the reason why the Visit Adm dttm is after admission, it was because the automated COGNOS showed up the next hospital admission. With this purpose/use brought to our attention by users, should we now check the automated COGNOS Visit Admit dttm? --JMojica 09:13, 2023 November 23 (CST)
|2023-11-23 4:47:56 PM|