Bed Census Data Processing Instructions
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Also know as whiteboard
Critical Care in WRHA
May 3, 2012
What is the purpose of processing the bed census data?
Data Processing -New Instructions
- Goes to the HSC_MICU and picks up the bed census faxed sheets minimally every Tuesday and Friday. (clerk leave it in a slot by fax machine.
- Exports (downloads) all entered data once per week;
- FROM: http:\\forms.manitoba-ehealth.ca/ccwhiteboard/secure/admin.php, (only the scanner computer has access this site our office. Site is password protected).
- TO: x\\med_ccmed\Pagasa\whiteboard\icuDSS.csv
- Opens SAS 9.2 (program written by Jmojica to sort export. Sorted to include bed count closes to before 1500 hrs each days and also for those dates where there was no bed change (IICU) reuse the bed count from the previous day closest to before 1500 hrs.
- in SAS - OPEN PROGAM
- go to: x\\med_ccmed\Pagasa\whiteboard\whitboard.sas
- change the earliest and inclusive dates in the SAS script to date you last exported and up to the day you did export
- Go to: x\\med_ccmed\Pagasa\whiteboard\whitboard.xls
- Manually checks whiteboard.xls.
- uploads (imports) the whitboard.xlsfrom "X" to sharepoint on W:\\med_cc_admin3 on...... into an access database. This is also known as Randy Martens bed census assess database.
- go to Med_CC_admin3 on ....
- go to folder\Bed_Census\WRHA Critical Care Daily Bed Census-Ver4.mdb
- Check to ensure last date of import where you left off
- GET EXTERNAL Data x:\Pagasa\Whiteboard\Whitelboard.xls
- p:Pagasa Torres or p:Julie Mojica, do a compact and repair. Must pull it to desktop, do compact repair then copy it back up.
Bed census.mdb Queries
- most of the Queries in this mdb are made by p:Randy Martens, who is not longer with Program effective July 16, 2020