Legacy info Transfer Ready date and time
- Spring 2012 - A "stamper" is suppose to be used by physicians on Medicine wards to document transfer ready.Trish Ostryzniuk 12:29, 2012 October 25 (EDT)
- January 2013 this data was moved to STB Electronic Patient Record. Chart stamping stopped because physicians were to record this in EPR.
Discussion Leading up to dropping "transfer ready" date collection for Medicine
This is legacy information only.
We did not collect transfer ready date and time for medicine patients from 2010-May-19 until November 2011 for the following reasons. We re-started collection because the data was seen as important enough to collect it even if it is not perfect.
As discussed in the Category:Task Team, the transfer ready date information is not very organized or consistent city wide so its value is questionable. Since the data is unreliable, we are are planning to propose to stop collecting this. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Dec 9.2008-Transfer Ready date/time
- Transfer ready date/time - will continue to be collected until further notice.
Betty Lou Rock will determine if this will be used or not. She plans to set up a working group to assess if a system could be developed within the Hospital system to make this data more reliable. Data collectors rely on Dr.’s orders, where this information frequently not recorded and they guess at time and sometimes date when a call to the bed desk for a patient who is transfer ready. ICU, because it is a smaller unit, collectors have a better chance of obtaining a fairly good estimate. Some ICU are very good at writing these orders, others are not. On Medicine there is a significant problem in obtaining accurate information because of lack of chart documentation. Currently there is no consistent process in place at each hospital that maintains a record of transfer ready dates/times where data collectors can draw or verify this information from. The next Steering Next Database Committee meeting is in February and Task team will follow up the status of transfer ready date. TOstryzniuk 17:44, 9 December 2008 (CST)
- At the HSC Transfer Ready is being called to admitting dept and recorded on forms. Perry Gray and Dr. Garland set these up. The forms are being faxed to us and entered by Data Processor into Transfer Ready Access database. The Steering Committee must review this information and decide it will still continue. The data coming in this route does not seem very reliable. Poor documentation and not legible.--TOstryzniuk 21:57, 6 November 2009 (CST)
- For ICU the data collectors will continue to collect transfer/discharge ready.Betty Lou Rock invited Linda Hathout to a ICU QA meeting to explore other ways this information may be collected. Perry Gray has stopped the paper process from the Medical records department at the beginning of this month.--TOstryzniuk 20:11, 19 May 2010 (CDT)