We run scheduled tasks to make sure certain things happen regularly. For example:
- PHI copy automation- moved to Scanner Computer March 12, 2015 from Trish's desktop.
- Backup Checker.vbs - Moved to Main Office Scanner computer: February 20, 2015 from Pagasa's desktop.
Accessing scheduled tasks
- Start Menu
- Control Panel
- Scheduled Tasks
- Click the task you want to change
- to disable task, e.g. going on vacation:
- uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox and click OK
- to see/change the schedule
- click the "Schedule" tab...
If you run a scheduled task on your computer while you are on vacation, the task may lock up the target application if something goes wrong. So, it's a good idea to hand the task over to someone else before you go. Book in your calendar to re-set to regular for upon return.