Adding a new ICD10 code
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page describes the process and considerations when adding a new ICD10 code.
Considerations before adding
- Would the new dx be part of any of one of the following, or others lot listed here yet?
- Does the new code proplerly fall into s_ICD10_Chapter_block_pattern table?
- Which ICD10 Categories should it be in?
- Do we need to update any of our Reports to accommodate the new dx?
- ICD10 guideline templates - do any apply to this code, do any need to be updated because it was added?
- Does the new dx necessitate updates to any of the ICD10 Dx Checks?
Adding to s_ICD10 table
- add line with new code
- set active_start to date when change should apply
- active_end should default to 2099-12-31, if it doesn't, set it to that
- update Log and perform Rolling out changes
Adding to the wiki
Use the following to start a new IDC10 dx page:
- If it is a Non-standard ICD10 Diagnoses, apply Template:ICD10 nonstandard code
- Update or link applicable ICD10 guideline templates
- Apply relevant ICD10 Categories
Also, in other pages:
- update pages for ICD10 Dx Checks that change with this addition