Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP, cryptogenic organizing pneumonia (COP))
From CCMDB Wiki
|Dx:||Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP, cryptogenic organizing pneumonia (COP))|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||BOOP (Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia)|
|APACHE Como Component:||Respiratory|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
|This is not a standard ICD10 code but a ICD10 CM code. We added it for the following reason:
See Non-standard ICD10 Diagnoses for other codes like this.
- Despite its name, BOOP IS NOT AN INFECTION, rather it's an immunological lung disorder.
- This is fundamentally a diagnosis made by histopathology of lung tissue obtained by lung biopsy. However, the diagnosis is sometimes made without lung biopsy based on clinical and radiologic characteristics, plus evidence against active infection.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Eosinophilic pulmonary disease (pulmonary eosinophilia), NOS
- Pneumonia, NOS
- Pneumonia Etiology not clear
- Interstitial lung disease, drug-induced (acute or chronic)
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes