ICU Acquired Sepsis
Number of Septic-Sepsis cases per 1000 ICU patient days
Sampling Plan / Procedure
100 % of all patients will be monitored for acquired Septic_Sepsis.
- Recorded once per patient
- On quarterly basis based on discharge dates, tabulate the number of cases on acquired and total number of patient days or Total ICU_LOS in Length of Stay (ICU Report)
Definition and Derivation
Number of Septic_Sepsis cases per 1000 ICU patient days
Number of new ICU Septic_Sepsis acquired cases
Total ICU_LOS in Length of Stay (ICU Report)
- Starting 2019, Septic_Sepsis is part of the ICD10 collection with codes R57.2, R65.0, R65.1 under the Acquired Diagnosis / Complication.
- Before 2019, Septic_Sepsis include Septic Shock (old code 44) and Severe Sepsis (old code 45) and saved in table L_Dxs
- The SAS program to get the Septic_Sepsis is X:\Julie\SAS_CFE\CFE_macros\Pre_ICD10_AcqDx.sas
- The SAS program to get the LOS is X:\Julie\SAS_CFE\CFE_macros\logphi.sas and (datetimes.sas or datetime_short.sas )
Critical Care Directors, Critical Care Unit Managers and WRHA Outcome Improvement Team Committee