Transitional Care is provided in Transition Care Units (TCU) and River Ridge Transition Care Environment (TCE).
A transitional care facility is a temporary place for patients that are waiting for placement into an alternate care setting.
Other medical care and rehabilitation is provided before going home, to a nursing home or to other more permanent placement. This includes Geriatric Rehab.
In the WRHA setting TCUs usually have a defined period of time for the resident's stay to determine most appropriate final discharge destination.
If a patient's discharge to a TCU was delayed by more than a day then also code Awaiting/delayed transfer to lower acuity site in Winnipeg other than home or LTC/PCH.
Transitional Care Units
Transition Care in hospital. These are inpatients.
Units available in S dispo table
See #Legacy Units for legacy units.
Misericordia - Transitional care
- last used 2021-11
VIC - Transitional care
Last used 2021-03 as per query z_s_dispo_lastUsed - is this still a thing?
- This is not part of the regular quarter reports. However, maybe asked in specific request where the interest is the location the patient went after discharged.
- GRA - no longer in existence as of October 2017 - use to be W4; disappeared when CAU came
- HSC - no longer existence as of November 2017
- Location: A6S; used to be 4E
- Start Date: 2017-Oct-3
- Number of beds: 18 is the goal
- Transitional Care Environments (non-hospital setting, these are not inpatients)
- River Ridge Transition Care Environment: 2017-Oct-02 - 2019-Apr-28