Acute myocardial infarction complication, NOS
|Dx:||Acute myocardial infarction complication, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Coronary Artery Disease, 2019-0: Chronic Cardiac Disease|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This code is for AMI complications for which there isn't a specific code (see below).
- The question comes up of whether, in the "bin" of comorbid (preexisting) conditions, to use this code, or to use Past history, myocardial infarction (old MI).
- Both may be used for an MI that occurred prior to the current hospitalization.
- The general guideline is that if the prior MI is not active, and we're not dealing with any current complications of it, then use this code.
- But if the prior MI is still active and/or we're not dealing with any current complications of it, then instead use one of the AMI codes.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- If the AMI occurred in the same hospitalization, also code it as an acute diagnosis. If the AMI occurred before the current hospitalization, code the AMI in the bin of comorbidities.
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)