Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Retained Secretions/Mucous Plug/Atelectasis|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Includes: subsegmental, segmental, lobar collapse.
- For collapse of one or both ENTIRE lungs, instead use Lung collapse (whole lung)
- If the cause of this collapse is mucus plug /secretion, then also code Respiratory secretions, abnormal
- If it the collapse/atelectasis is causing respiratory failure, then as usual, link those two codes together.
- Indeed, if mucus plugging is causing atelectasis and leading to respiratory failure, then link Atelectasis to Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, acute and Respiratory secretions, abnormal
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Disorder of upper respiratory tract, infectious or noninfectious NOS
- Lung collapse (whole lung)
- Respiratory secretions, abnormal
- Observation for reason NOS
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
Show all ICD10 Subcategories