Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, acute
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, acute|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||P-Op Resp Failure|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Postop resp failure/insuff|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Note that this code covers not just overt respiratory failure, but all levels of respiratory insufficiency.
- This may be coded as a Primary Admit Diagnosis if it is the main reason for admission.
- This code is not allowed to be used along with Chronic dependence on mechanical ventilator. A person on chronic vent can have an acute respiratory diagnosis (e.g. pneumonia) but in such a case do not use the current code.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, acute
- Respiratory failure (insufficiency), chronic
- Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, not specified as acute or chronic
- Chronic dependence on mechanical ventilator
- Hypercapnia (hypercarbia)
- Hypoxemia (hypoxia)
- ARDS (noncardiogenic pulmonary edema)
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI, form of ARDS)
- Respiratory arrest
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 chronic vent acute resp failure||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|