Complication of labor and delivery, NOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Complication of labor and delivery, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Postpartum problems other|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Complications of obstetrical surgery/procedures
- For anoxic brain injuries of the parent acquired during labor and delivery combine with Anoxic brain injury, NOS
- As our database is only for adult patients, this code should NOT be used to indicate such a complication for a newborn. For example: During hospitalization, such a complication occurs, but it only affects the newborn and has no medical consequence for the mother --- do NOT use this code.
- Of course, for some such complications when the newborn with a complication becomes an adult, that problem persists, e.g. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. If that adult is then admitted, it is the specific problem (such as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) that should be listed as a Comorbid Diagnoses -- again you would NOT code Complication of labor and delivery, NOS.
- The only time Complication of labor and delivery, NOS would be coded is when the mother herself incurs a complication of labor or delivery, AND there is not a more specific code for the complication she suffered.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Labor and delivery with fetal distress
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Labor/delivery complicated by hemorrhage, NOS
- Obstructed labor
- Delivery by caesarean section
- Pulmonary embolism (thromboembolism), obstetrical
- Pulmonary embolism, obstetrical, air embolism
- Pulmonary embolism, obstetrical, amniotic fluid embolism
- Pulmonary embolism, septic obstetrical thromboembolism
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)