Controlling Dx Type for ICD10 codes
|Data Integrity Checks|
|Summary:||Controlling Dx Type for ICD10 codes|
|Coding:||how to find this in containing program, eg. SAS file, function name, query name...|
|Uses L Problem table:||not relevant for this app|
|Implementation Date:||date change was rolled out / first applied|
- Severe sepsis, VAP, recurrent Pneumonia should never be a Comorbid Diagnosis
- Past history, removal of breast (mastectomy) should never be an Acquired Diagnosis / Complication or Admit Diagnosis
- many more
We would like a way to detect when such inconsistencies happen.
Proposed Solution 1
- Add three columns to the s_ICD10 table:
- populate the columns
- default answers: NO in comorbid and YES in Admit, Acquired
- put cross checks into CCMDB.accdb to prevent bad entries
why do this change outside the wiki?
The change will require editing every single record in the ICD10 Diagnosis List, so doing it on the wiki would be time-prohibitive. If we do it externally the new fields would be imported into the wiki, which would then again be the master repository for this.
- We will use a tool like AutoWikiBrowser] or similar to get the changes integrated into pages.
It was decided that this is worth doing, and that the above is a reasonable way to do it. Allan is working on generating the list.
If we do this, should we do more?
- Discussed but rejected possibility to restrict impossible dx / sex field combinations.
- this would be the right time to also fix/implement the following: