|Data Integrity Checks|
|Summary:||Some dxs can't be Dx Types Primary Admit Diagnosis, Comorbid Diagnosis, Admit Diagnosis or Acquired Diagnosis|
|Related:||ICD10 Diagnoses, Primary Admit Diagnosis, Comorbid Diagnosis, Admit Diagnosis, Acquired Diagnosis, Dx Type|
|Uses L Problem table:||not relevant for this app|
Encode which codes can not be of a particular type; this will likely be fewer checks, and it will also likely be an easier and more deterministic answer without ifs-thens-buts; it will be a slightly less tight check but with fewer false positives.
- Add three columns to the s_ICD10 table:
- put cross checks into CCMDB.accdb to prevent bad entries
why do this change outside the wiki?
The change will require editing every single record in the ICD10 Diagnosis List, so doing it on the wiki would be time-prohibitive. If we do it externally the new fields would be imported into the wiki, which would then again be the master repository for this.
- We will use a tool like AutoWikiBrowser or similar to get the changes integrated into pages.
It was decided that this is worth doing, and that the above is a reasonable way to do it. Allan is working on generating the list.
Wiki cleanups when done
_after Make sure that these examples that were mentioned over time are adressed:
If we do this, should we do more?
- Discussed but rejected possibility to restrict impossible dx / sex field combinations.
- this would be the right time to also fix/implement the following: