|Dx:||Endocarditis, noninfectious, acute or subacute|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Endocarditis, Endocarditis-Prosthetic Valve|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
Heart valve disease coding guideline
- For native valve endocarditis that is acute or subacute, use Endocarditis, infective, acute or subacute
- For native valve endocarditis that is chronic, use Endocarditis, infective, chronic
- For prosthetic valve endocarditis (whether acute, subacute, or chronic), use Iatrogenic, infection, heart valve prosthesis (incl prosthetic valve endocarditis)
- Identify which valve as Combined ICD10 codes with one (or more) of the following:
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- put in specific valve problem ie. mitral insufficiency, aortic insufficiency, etc.
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)