Hearing loss, any type
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Hearing loss, any type|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This code is specifically for complete deafness including those who are virtually deaf/functionally deaf who may on testing actually have some hearing left.
- Do NOT use this code for people who are just hard of hearing. We recognize that this distinction is difficult as it's truly a continuum. You must use your judgement.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Acute myringitis
- Chronic myringitis
- Disorder of the inner ear, NOS
- Tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
- Disorder of the ear, NOS
- Dissociative disorder (conversion disorder)
- Encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, myelitis, encephalomyelitis, noninfectious
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- Put causes of hearing loss if known
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
Show all ICD10 Subcategories