Heart disease, hypertensive (hypertensive cardiomyopathy)
|Dx:||Heart disease, hypertensive (hypertensive cardiomyopathy)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Congestive Heart Failure|
|Charlson/ALERT Scale:||Congestive heart failure|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Hypertensive heart disease refers to heart conditions caused by high blood pressure. The heart working under increased pressure causes some different heart disorders. Hypertensive heart disease includes heart failure, thickening of the heart muscle, coronary artery disease, and other conditions.
- Note that by definition, hypertensive heart disease IS a specific kind/cause of cardiomyopathy.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Cardiomyopathy, peripartum
- Cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic obstructive (HOCM, IHSS)
- Cardiomyopathy, due to infection, drugs or external agents NOS
- Cardiomyopathy, dilated
- Cardiomyopathy, alcoholic
- Cardiomyopathy, ischemic
- Heart disease, hypertensive (hypertensive cardiomyopathy)
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy/syndrome
- Cardiomyopathy, NOS
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)