Implantation of Internal Device
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|Procedure:||Implantation of Internal Device|
|CCI 2 code:||53|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
- These are things for which ANY PART OF IT IS in the body. Contrary to what Allan said before, it does NOT have to be entirely in the body.
- Code this for such devices for which there is not a picklist option.
- Example: for PEG tube you combine this "what was done" code with the "body part" code: (T) Stomach, Pylorus
- Example: for VAD you combine this "what was done" code with the "body part" code: [[(T) Cardiac ventricle]
- While technically, internal pacemaker or temporary pacemaker are internal devices, both are picklist items.
- Technically a Porta-cath is an internal device, but it is coded as a central line, which is also a picklist item
- And while it seems correct that a nephrostomy tube placement is an internal device, it's actually coded as Drainage, Evacuation of (T) Kidney
- NOTE: We are only coding insertion/implantation of these devices, NOT their removal or subsequent management.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1=== Removals are not coded ===
We are only coding insertion/implantation of these devices, NOT their removal or subsequent management.
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|