Implantation of Internal Device
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|Procedure:||Implantation of Internal Device|
|CCI 2 code:||53|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
- Pacemaker insertion, permanent
- Pacemaker insertion, temporary
- CVC placement, any location (central line, Porta-cath)
- nephrostomy tube placement is an internal device, but it's actually coded as Drainage, Evacuation of (T) Kidney
- Use this code for devices for which any part in the body. Contrary to what Allan said before, it does NOT have to be entirely in the body.
- Code this for such devices for which there is not a picklist option.
- Example: for PEG tube you combine this "what was done" code with the "body part" code: (T) Stomach, Pylorus
- Example: for VAD you combine this "what was done" code with the "body part" code: (T) Cardiac ventricle
- If the patient already has a VAD from a previous admission you can use Heart assist device, has one in ICD 10 diagnosis.
Removals are not coded
- We do not code the removal or subsequent management of devices, only their insertion/implantation.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
- Heart assist device, has one if applicable
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|