|Data Element (edit)|
|Field Name:||Px Date|
|CCMDB Label:||Px Date|
|Table:||L_CCI_Picklist table, L_CCI_Component table|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The date/time of a CCI procedure
Legacy implementation right in the table
The Px Date is coded as part of the CCI Collection.
- mandatory for procedures with Px Type acquired / Acquired Procedure
- not allowed for procedures with Px Type admit / Admit Procedure
Don't enter the time that a procedure was done, just the date. The time component should only be used for #Moves.
For Critical Care data collection
In order to still be able to associate dxs, procedures and TISS entries with the location where they happen under PatientFollow Project, we use the time component of the Date to link the Dx/Px to a Boarding Loc.
For a patient who moves on the day of the procedure or diagnosis, enter the date that corresponds to the Boarding Loc where the pt was at the time of the procedure:
- if pt is in a location where they were already yesterday, or for the only Boarding Loc that day, use 0:00
- for a procedure that happened while at a new location that day, enter as Px Date the same DtTm as used for the current Boarding Loc
- if pt is at third location that day, use the third location's Boarding Loc, etc
For Medicine Data Collection
Enter the appropriate date, but leave the time as 0:00
Limitations to field formatting
There have been requests to change this field so collectors don't need to actually type the punctuation components of the date and time. The time component is only needed when there is a second entry on a different unit for the same day (actually, so far it's only required for TISS, see discussion above).
A field can either be set up as a date, which enables the calendar popup, or with more flexible entry filters that would not require the punctuation, but not both. We chose to set the Px Date up in a way that enables the pop-up calendar but requires punctuation.
Discussed 2021-04-21 and decided to keep the default to show the calendar rather than simplify punctuation.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check CCI Date||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|