BiPAP, CPAP, NIV, own ventilator (Mechanical ventilation, noninvasive)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Procedure:||BiPAP, CPAP, NIV, own ventilator (Mechanical ventilation, noninvasive)|
|CCI Picklist code:||1.GZ.31.CB-ND|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect first|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection via CCI Picklist.
- CPAP, BiPAP, Auto-CPAP, classic NIV (where a mask is connected to a regular ventilator), etc.
- includes the machine being supplied in the hospital, OR when the patient brings his/her own machine.
- Optiflow - similar to Non-invasive CPAP or BIPAP (TISS Item) these are separate items Lisa Kaita 12:01, 2022 February 3 (CST)
Collecting "CCI collect first" items
- "CCI collect first" items are entered the first time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter them with the Px Date of the first time they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank and just enter the procedure
- Px Count is always 1 for this collection mode
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Code as admit vs acquired like any other procedure, ie if this is done on the ward or unit it's an Acquired Procedure. Even if the patient usually has CPAP at home that doesn't make it an Admit Procedure.
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
- a different code in Category:Therapeutic Px
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|