Cardioversion (EXCLUDE defibrillation-we are not tracking)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Procedure:||Cardioversion (EXCLUDE defibrillation-we are not tracking)|
|CCI Picklist code:||1.HZ.09|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect first|
- Only use this CCI code to identify cardioversion that is NOT part of resuscitation.
- cardioversions that occur during resuscitation are not captured separately, but are included in the code for resuscitation: CPR, cardiac resuscitation
- Only capture synchronized cardioversions -- i.e. efforts to convert or regularize an existing rhythm.
- We are NOT tracking defibrillations -- i.e. efforts to convert someone who has no organized rhythm. Thus -- again -- shocks delivered in resuscitation are NOT included here.
Don't include bed-borrows
Some patients show up on a unit for cardioversion but are never actually admitted to that unit (ie they are bed borrows). Do NOT track/record those cardioversions.
Collecting "CCI collect first" items
- "CCI collect first" items are entered the first time they happen
- Px Date
- Px Count is always 1 for this collection mode
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
- a different code in Category:Therapeutic Px
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|