Organic brain disorder, NOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Organic brain disorder, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Other Psychological Disturbance|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This refers to states of cerebral dysfunction associated with a disturbance in any of consciousness (like catatonia), cognition, mood, affect, and behavior in the absence of drugs, infection, or a metabolic cause. These usually are due to fixed, anatomic abnormalities, though these do not always show up on brain imaging.
- Thus, the "nonorganic" types are those due to drugs/substances, infection or metabolic causes, i.e. that they are (at least in principle) reversible.
- Includes: Schizencephaly
Altered mental status coding guideline
Coding altered mental status in ICD10 can be complex, see ICD10 Guideline for coding altered mental status for more info.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Organic amnestic syndrome, not due to drugs or alcohol
- Encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, myelitis, encephalomyelitis, noninfectious
- Encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, myelitis, encephalomyelitis, infectious NOS
- Psychoactive substance NOS, acute intoxication
- Alcohol, chronic abuse/dependence/addiction
- Delirium, not due to drugs or alcohol
- Dementia, NOS
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)