Jump to navigation Jump to search
This field is acquired as part of the DSM data#DSM results we store. It used to be collected manually until 2017-03-17.
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: This is a legacy data field, its DataElementEndDate is in the past.
- Successor: No successor was entered
Click Expand to show legacy content.
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||not stated|
Contains the number of any sputum specimens (including endotracheal secretions) sent for "culture and sensitivity" for bacteria or fungus.
Legacy implementation right in the table
BALs don't imply C+S
When a BAL (Bronchial Aspiration and Lavage) is done, and a specimen is sent for bacterial or fungal cultures, then include in count for C+S. Don't assume when BAL is done that a culture for C&S is sent. Check the EPR.
Counts not included as sputum for C+S:
- AFB - test done differently and in separate medium so not counted under C+S
- Viral - totally different testing method, so not counted under C+S. - Dr. Kumar. - Trish Ostryzniuk 17:55, 2014 October 21 (CDT)
- rejected specimens are not included in lab counts
- pleural fluid