Workstations.mdb is where we keep track of the PCs, laptops, monitors, mice, chairs, desktop risers, footstool, used by the Critical Care and Medicine Database. It is located in Regional Server\Maintenance\workstations.mdb
- also includes list of staff with permissions to work from Home.
It has two tables of interest:
- table purchaseds is manually maintained and contains information on when a laptop was bought, when it warranty ends, where it is
- also contains who has extended desktop and works from home and what equipment in addition to laptop at home.
- table workstations automatically extracts the computer names (host names) from the A_Info tables of all the backup data files.
Adding / removing Laptop identifiers
When any get added, the query all_computer_names needs to be updated accordingly.
for structure or programming, not each data update
- update to reflect new Computer_name#naming_convention (added query to change link from 7 to 6 digits)
- removed OAK_MICU Laptop location entry from all_computer_names
- cleaned up old connected tables that we no longer use
- updated query all_computer_names to omit VIC and add STB_IMCU
- confirmed that import script checks all directories in data directory except master and test_*, instead of explicit list Ttenbergen 09:56, 2015 April 30 (CDT)